Monday, December 28, 2015

Amie's Review of Catalyst by Leighton Riley ~ RELEASE DAY BLITZ ~ EXCERPT ~

Title: Catalyst
Author: Leighton Riley
Release Date: Dec 28, 2015
Find on Goodreads




For every action, there is a reaction.

People aren’t always who they say they are. Everyone has their secrets. Some are more evil than I ever thought imaginable.

I was left broken and alone after my boyfriend was murdered in my bar.

An old acquaintance moves into Liam’s home and a spark is ignited deep inside me.

Becoming vulnerable made me weak, and I never saw it coming.

When obsession takes over, lies and deceit can be killer.






Watching movers pack away his things and throw them into the truck is so impersonal. Tossing the boxes into a truck with no thought as to what they are handling. I wish I had the strength to be the one who packed it all away, but I couldn’t. It was hard enough to pack up my things. I moved my stuff out of the home two weeks ago, but the majority of everything in that home was his. 
He was my other half. My soul mate. One morning, we were completely in love and talking about starting a family, and then by nightfall, I had found my boyfriend barely alive in the storage room of the bar I owned. I rode with him as he was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance, praying he would pull through even though the look on the paramedics’ faces told me otherwise. After what seemed like forever in the waiting room, doctors gave me the news he didn’t make it. The police questioned me extensively, and later that night, I came home to his empty house. From that day on, I have been on autopilot. 






AMIE'S 4 STAR REVIEW

This was an exciting sign up !! We didn't know the author , title and we couldn't even see the full cover. The blurb was enticing and the mystery of it all was what pushed me to sign on. Once I found out who the author was I wasn't surprised that I was interested. I have enjoyed her work before and again the blurb was full of suspense. This story moves at a fast pace and although we do get a bit of backstory I would have enjoyed more of Noah and Tinsley's past because I love that whole best friend relationship. There are many twists and turns that leave you hanging. When you think you know you just don't. Some may be expected yet other things were NOT. I honestly was NOT happy with the end , I kind of wanted Tinsley to realize her love for another was true. It was a decent enough ending and I was happy there was an HEA after all we were dragged through. But I guess I was all TEAM **** !! Sorry no spoilers LOL

Tinsley has lost Liam , the love of her life and she is sinking fast. His father has no class and has sold their house and has no desire to mourn or allow her to mourn before the house is sold and she is expected to be gone and on her own. thankfully she has 2 very amazing friends. Noah has been her best friend for years and not only does he help her with the bars she owns but he has been her DD and babysitter for months since Liam was murdered. When a chance encounter with an old friend from college finally has Tinsley stepping out of her shell we may all feel happy inside yet something weird is going on. Odd texts and weird POV's leading us to believe something is going on. WOW we get a bit of crazy that I really didn't expect and the story goes much deeper than I imagined once I wrapped my head around it. I enjoyed it but I do think it could have had a bit more to it and maybe even spun into a second part to leave us hanging !! Regardless I was content with it and will always take a chance on this author.



Leighton Riley resides in Dallas, Tx and works in real estate for her day job. She writes contemporary romance and romantic suspense. Sinfully, Regretfully, and Deceitfully can be read in order or as standalones. Sinfully and Regretfully take place around the same time frame and can even be read in reverse order (will give more background on Payton and Ryder's story). Tate's story, Deceitfully, finishes off the series. She's also the author of the romantic suspense novel, Catalyst.

No comments:

Post a Comment