Friday, December 11, 2015

Amie's Review of Toxic by Rachael Orman


Title: Toxic (Cravings #3 - Final Book)
Author: Rachael Orman
Publication Date & Length: November 5, 2015 - 133 pgs


*This series should be read in order*

Just when I think my life with John is settling into a happy place, things at work go crazy. Nothing is as it appears and my world starts falling apart at the seams. John takes care of me in ways I can’t express. He might be the perfect man for me, but I can only take so much before that’s just not enough.

Being a dom means being there for your submissive any time she needs you, even if it hinders your own needs. I’ll do anything for Alix, absolutely anything. She’s the love of my life, but when secrets are revealed, feelings get hurt. Sometimes being a dom isn’t enough;, it’s the man inside who has to be there for his woman.

When all is revealed, we both have to find a new balance in our relationship. That is if we can survive it all.

Add to GoodReads





AMIE'S 4 STAR REVIEW

WOW just when I thought John had shown us all his tricks we get more !! If you can focus on the plot/storyline during all the super hot erotic sex than I give you credit !! I did have to slap myself a few times to get out of the erotic induced haze I was floating in !! We ended Fiend with a bit of crazy ex and I wondered how much that was going to play a role in Toxic. I mean so many things could be considered TOXIC at this point , I honestly had no clue what the title referred to. 

John and Alix have overcome some issues and moved this D/s relationship to a higher level being that they seem to be in love and unable to be without one another. After reading their story I can see this is not just a chemical/sexual thing , they truly care for each other and despite their issues they do make a great team. Somebody is out to get them AND they just may succeed in destroying what John and Alix have worked hard to achieve. Old habits die hard and secrets have a way of coming out when you least expect it. There is no shortage of drama and sex here. Can John and Alix come out on top and defy the odds ?? Will their D/s status remain intact when it all goes down ?? This was a great conclusion to their story and I was happy to have the chance to read it. 

Be warned this is NOT for everyone. There is some crazy stuff going on in the bedroom or wherever they want. I was surprised with the techniques and tools of the trade that were new to me when reading !! Some of it was scary but most was exciting !! 

Mother by day. Writer by night. I spend a majority of my day with my children and reading while my nights are filled with the sound of the keyboard as I work on my next work.

I have written in nearly every LBGT category as well as the traditional erotic romance category.

I love to try new things and learn from every piece of work I write. I'll write just about anything once to learn from it. I've even ventured out of my normal erotica genre into Monster Erotica. Doubt you'll find me writing anything not erotic as you can barely get me to even read something out of that category, but then again, you never know what I might try next.

Never stop learning. Try everything at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment