Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Amy's Review of The Bargain by Lisa Cardiff




Three weeks, twenty-one days, or five hundred and four hours…

That’s all it took to derail my life and twist it into something unrecognizable. One moment I had Evan, the man I thought I’d marry. The next moment shattered the illusion.

Now I have no one.

Except him. 

Ryker Vargas, and I don’t really have him. He’d never belong to any one but himself. He sucked me into a web of lies and now it’s too late. I took the bait. I’m a prisoner of the Vargas Cartel.

I never thought I’d be another statistic, another girl abducted in a foreign country, my entire future washed away by an impulsive, split second in time.

But it’s true. 

My name is Hattie Covington and I’m a statistic, but statistics never tell the whole story.





Buy on AMAZON





The Bargain by Lisa Cardiff
Reviewed by Amy W.
3.5 stars

It there is one thing I wish authors would do, it's to add a warning if a cliffhanger is planned for the ending. The Bargain is the first book in the Vargas Cartel series by Lisa Cardiff and features Hattie Carrington in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Although she finds herself as the prisoner of the Vargas Cartel serving as a bargaining chip, Hattie tries to fight the seductive pull that she feels to her kidnapper, Ryker.

As the days pass, the passion continues to simmer, Hattie's behavior seems to be consistent with Stockholm Syndrome, in spite of some horrific encounters with Ryker's cartel father.

Add political intrigue and some unexpected plot twists and this installment becomes a ticking time bomb. Just when I thought there would be a resolution, the author dropped a cliffhanger that left me with a lot of speculation about Ryker and his intentions.

I'm likely to stick with the series because I've got to find out whether Hattie and Ryker can be together.








No comments:

Post a Comment