Friday, June 17, 2016

Down And Out by Lila Rose ~ RELEASE DAY ~

"Finally getting Dive’s story and what a story it is…. Dive’s story is wrapped in an emotional blanket."
Title: Down and Out
Author: Lila Rose
SeriesHawks MC #3: Caroline Springs Charter
Genre: MC Romance 

Stricken by grief, Kalen “Dive” Brooks drifts away from his MC brethren, only having room in his life for his child. Worried for his son, he’ll do anything necessary to protect him, even if it’s admitting he needs help.

Alone and vulnerable, Philomena “Mena” McAdams has lost it all: her parents, her husband, her job and her home. Living out of her car, she’s learned life isn’t worth regrets. When Mena takes the job of nanny and housekeeper for Dive, she doesn’t know what she’s getting into, but neither does Dive.

Can they learn to love again when things are so down and out?
iBooks I Amazon: US I UK I AU
Down and Out is the next book in the Caroline Springs charter of the Hawks MC series. While this book features Kalen "Dive" Brooks - a long time member of the MC, it is not a book about the MC lifestyle per se but more so about his life, which has taken on new adventures as of late.

Mena McAdams is a petite blonde with what she considers average looks and while she is a bit on the scrawny side right now it is only because of her current set of circumstances. Living in her car and rationing her food has caused her to have a deep appreciation for the things most people take for granted. Answering an ad in the paper for a nanny/housekeeper seems like the perfect job until she meets the broody single dad...

Dive decides to get out of Caroline Springs with his son and buys a house a few hours away near his mother in Halls Gap to bond with his son and escape memories of his past. Time away from the MC proves to be both a relief and a burden in the long run and he finds the need to hire help so he can get out of the house to work. The woman he hires is not only loved by both his mother and his son but she is tempting him in ways he never thought possible too...

This book really pulled all the emotional feels       from start to finish. The characters were both deeply complex with real issues that you wanted to see resolved. Then the author went and gave us the perfect cliffhanger set-up for Nary/Saxon's book next to leave us wanting so much more :)

REVIEWED BY JILL

Books in the Caroline Springs Charter

The Secret's Out
Caroline Springs, Book 1
99c SALE!
Available HERE 
Hiding Out
Caroline Springs, Book 2
Available HERE
I was born in Brisbane Australia, my step-dad was in the army which caused us to move around a lot. We finally settled in country Victoria, Australia. I am the youngest of four children and I can say that I was spoilt a bit. I drove my mum crazy when I refused to eat meat at a young age.

Now I live with my husband and two children, and I find myself regretting all the troubles I put my parents through because my monsters are just as picky as I was.

I started writing in 2013 and self-published the first of the Hawks MC Club series Holding Out. The next to follow was something different, I wrote Senseless Attraction, a YA novel. Soon, I was back to the Hawks series with number two Climbing Out. I have more to write in the series, but there will be also be more novels in the humorous erotica genre, like Left to Chance.

1 comment: