Saturday, August 12, 2017

Amie's Review of Brick by Charlie Lee






BLURB


My Sin. Her Redemption.

I'm the man your momma warns you about.  The one you never want to meet in a dark alley.
I fight and protect me, mine, and my own. Take a bullet for anyone I love. No damn job is too gruesome for me. And I’m the most loyal motherf*cker you’ll ever encounter.

I live on the wrong side of the law, and I’m damn proud of it. It's rooted deep in my soul, stems from the scars of my past.

A pool of blood, a lifeless woman, and a missing child lead me into chaos, smack dab in the middle of it.

Why?

To protect what’s mine. Life has never had perfect timing. My sins and her redemptions are about to collide, leaving me changed forever.

Add to your TBR - http://bit.ly/2uNyz0Y



Free on Kindle Unlimited







AMIE'S 4 STAR REVIEW

I have read many books by these authors alone but this is my first time reading them combined !! I enjoyed Brick's story a ton and look forward to finding some time to read Katch and Zeke's stories too.  

This is a clear story of opposites attract , people being connected without even knowing and of course horrible people getting what they deserve for the nasty things they do. Brick has always cared for Zoe - she has always been untouchable , a troubled soul with a crap man - his brother and sis in law are her good friends and now as they sense she may be in trouble all the pieces come together and connections are realized that were kept secret for so long. Once Zeke realizes that not only does Zoe and Amelia have a connection BUT so do Zoe and Eden the situation becomes more tangled than they thought and Brick decides to take on the revenge for Zoe and caring for Eden all by himself. I would say heck yes to that too - his ways may seem a bit barbaric and his slang talk a bit off but there is no denying his hotness and the safety one feels with him is undeniable. It may come as a shock to many but an enjoyable shock to read Eden and Brick's relationship play out. In the midst of that you get the suspense and danger of who is who and what has happened to Eden's nephew. As the puzzle pieces slowly fall into place the danger skyrockets and you wonder if anyone will make it out safe and happy. Of course since this is a series of standalones there is a resolution and dare I say a possible HEA ??!! 
No doubt Brick is a fantastic dirty talker and I could listen to some of his lines over and over again !!

ABOUT CHARLIE LEE




Charlie Lee is the alter ego of USA Today Best Selling Authors HJ Bellus and Kathy Coopmans. The two friends come together to bring you their darker side of the romance world!


FOLLOW CHARLIE LEE



No comments:

Post a Comment