Saturday, October 29, 2016

Amie's Review of Black Swan Affair by K.L. Kreig




Title: Black Swan Affair
Author: K.L. Kreig
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: October 17, 2016



Blurb

I’ve loved him as long as I can remember.

The gangly boy with big brown eyes and unruly hair who grew up into an intoxicating man. He wears scruff like he invented it and ambles with a swagger that makes panties drop.

Killian Shepard.

Shep.

We grew up together. We played Ghost in the Graveyard. Had our own rock band. It didn’t matter that he was five years older than me. It didn’t matter that he looked at me as a kid sister even as I grew into a woman. It didn’t even matter when he left me behind to go to college and start his adult life.

He’d be back.

He was always meant to be mine.

He came back, all right. But instead of smelling of promises, he stunk of betrayal. And he destroyed me—us—the day he married my sister instead of me.

So I did the only thing a girl like me in my position could do.

I got my revenge.

I married his brother, Kael.

Now we’re one big happy fucking family.

*NO CHEATING STANDALONE*








Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK
B&N / KOBO / iBOOKS



AMIE'S 5 STAR REVIEW

Love triangle with brothers that happened to be the girls childhood best friends/neighbors !! OMG what a big fat ball of fun , everything I ever dream of in a book right here in the synop !! Some people hate to be tortured in a book but I for some sick reason love being tortured and that is what this story did - TORTURE ME !! WHY did Killian marry the sister ?? WHAT is the point of the sister LOL ?? WHO THE HECK will Maverick end up with ?? WHO THE HECK is the person fighting for their life in the chapters happening present time ?? WHY do Kael and Killian have to be so freakin HOT !! 

There is a ton of back and forth in the book - we have multiple POV's and also multiple periods of time. Thankfully it is all clearly marked so you know who you are dealing with and when the scene is taking place. Everyone has their faults in this book , some more than others - I will admit the ones I thought were to blame may have ended up the ones that sacrificed so much more than anyone. I was shocked at who the present chapters were about , I was shocked with who Maverick ended up with AND I was shocked when the WHY's were answered. It was some crazy twisted family drama and it is a wonder that anyone came out with an HEA. If you love high angst , indecision , poor choices and massive inner struggles than you will devour this book as I did. Maverick and Kael actually had a pretty intense chemistry when Killian wasn't on her mind and I really enjoyed them together. Besides the fact that he was the hot older brother , Killian didn't really do much for me. By the end of the book I had a new appreciation of him and was almost torn with how I wanted things to go. I am taking it that it would be frowned upon for Maverick to carry on a relationship with both brothers out in the open LOL !! Sidenote - although it may seem scandalous at times there is no cheating and even attempts to keep secrets and whole truths from others fall apart. 





Author Bio

I’m just a regular ol’ Midwest girl who likes Game of Thrones and am obsessed with Modern Family and The Goldbergs. I run, I eat, I run, I eat. It’s a vicous cycle. I love carbs, but there’s love-hate relationship with my ass and thighs. Mostly hate. I like a good cocktail (oh hell…who am I kidding? I love any cocktail). I’m a huge creature of habit, but I’ll tell you I’m flexible. I read every single day and if I don’t get a chance…watch the hell out, I’m a raving bitch. My iPad and me: BFFs. I’m direct and I make no apologies for it. I swear too much. I love alternative music and in my next life I want to be a bad-ass female rocker. I hate, hate, hate spiders, telemarketers, liver, acne, winter and loose hairs that fall down my shirt (don’t ask, it’s a thing).



Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment