Sunday, August 12, 2018

Jill's Review for The Chase by Elle Kennedy









THE CHASE 
(Briar U, Book 1)


Everyone says opposites attract. And they must be right, because there’s no logical reason why I’m so drawn to Colin Fitzgerald. I don’t usually go for tattoo-covered, video-gaming, hockey-playing nerd-jocks who think I’m flighty and superficial. His narrow view of me is the first strike against him. It doesn’t help that he’s buddy-buddy with my brother.
And that his best friend has a crush on me.
And that I just moved in with them.
Oh, did I not mention we’re roommates?
I suppose it doesn’t matter. Fitzy has made it clear he’s not interested in me, even though the sparks between us are liable to burn our house down. I’m not the kind of girl who chases after a man, though, and I’m not about to start. I’ve got my hands full dealing with a new school, a sleazy professor, and an uncertain future. So if my sexy brooding roomie wises up and realizes what he’s missing?
He knows where to find me.











REVIEWED BY JILL

4 Stars  - The Chase - book one in the Briar U series by Elle Kennedy. 

This is a spin-off from the Off Campus series and features two characters we had met previously but rest assured you can go into this completely blind and still enjoy it. I highly recommend picking up the Off Campus books if you get a chance though too for some seriously good reading.
Summer Di Laurentis is a transfer student to Briar from Brown University and also the little sister to the legendary former ladies’ man - Dean Di Laurentis. Having to transfer under less than ideal circumstances right before the start of the semester no less leaves Summer scrambling  to find a place to stay. Summer refuses to call her parents to bail her out yet again, so she calls her brother Dean in the hopes that he still had some connections at his former school and he most definitely comes through. What she didn't expect was to rent the fourth room in his former townhouse with his hockey teammates one of whom she threw herself at last year but got shot down. If anything it will make for an interesting semester...
Colin Fitzgerald known to everyone as Fitzy is a bit of an anomaly since he prefers to keep to himself rather than party hard with his teammates. Fitzy would much rather be in a relationship or stick with the same 2-3 girls for casual hook-ups than have a revolving door of one night stands so when he meets the beautiful, blonde bombshell that is Summer he is intimidated by all that she does and says especially when she directs it at him. When she moves into the house things are brought to a whole new level.
This was a sweet college romance that reminds you to never judge a book by it's cover since the content underneath is what counts. While there was practically zero hockey in this book it did have lots of angst and lots of steam with promising characters to come. Seriously can't wait for Brenna, Hunter, Jake and hopefully Ben to get their stories too.




No comments:

Post a Comment